[torquedev] torque.cfg no longer read in 2.1.0?

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Wed May 3 18:17:43 MDT 2006

I noticed that pbsd_main.c no longer reads the torque.cfg file in
version torque-2.1.0p0-snap.200605031455.
As a consequence the SERVERHOST setting does not get evaluated.
However, qsub does read torque.cfg.

As a consequence torque-2.1.0p0-snap.200605031455 does not work very
well with multi-homed hosts anymore: the jobid gets the hostname
appended to it and

qdel <jobid>

(here <jobid> is the numeric part only) does not work. It becomes
necessary to type

qdel <jobid>.<hostname>

Which is more than a nuisance, just consider the user education
that becomes necessary due to such a change.

I do not know whether the not reading of torque.cfg breaks other
things as well, but a colleague of mine tried to implement

Is this intentionally (if yes what replaces the functionality?)
or more an oversight?

Martin Siegert
Head, HPC at SFU
WestGrid Site Manager
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6