[torquedev] torque.cfg no longer read in 2.1.0?

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Wed May 3 18:17:43 MDT 2006

Hi,

I noticed that pbsd_main.c no longer reads the torque.cfg file in
version torque-2.1.0p0-snap.200605031455.
As a consequence the SERVERHOST setting does not get evaluated.
However, qsub does read torque.cfg.

As a consequence torque-2.1.0p0-snap.200605031455 does not work very
well with multi-homed hosts anymore: the jobid gets the hostname
appended to it and

qdel <jobid>

(here <jobid> is the numeric part only) does not work. It becomes
necessary to type

qdel <jobid>.<hostname>

Which is more than a nuisance, just consider the user education
that becomes necessary due to such a change.

I do not know whether the not reading of torque.cfg breaks other
things as well, but a colleague of mine tried to implement
ALLOWCOMPUTEHOSTSUBMIT and failed as well.

Is this intentionally (if yes what replaces the functionality?)
or more an oversight?

Cheers,
Martin

--