[torquedev] On Advance Reservations in Maui/Torque

Claris Castillo ccastil at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 27 18:47:09 MST 2006

I am not sure if this is this is the right mailing list to post this
questions at. If you think I should
post it somewhere else please let me know.

I have been looking at the "problem" of advance reservations in the last
months. Surprisingly I have
not found much literature on the topic and the couple of papers I have found
present very discouraging results. Basically, as the percentage of
reservation requests increases the utilization of the system is poor and the
job rejection rate is higher.

I am aware that Maui/Torque provides advance reservation. My question is
what is doing Maui/Torque to overcome the aforementioned issues? Or it is
the case that the percentage of reservation requests is very small in
deployed systems?

I would really appreciate if someone could point me to a source where I can
find the answer to my
question.

Thanks,
Claris