[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] is there an epilogue.parallel script?

Michael Gutteridge mgutteri at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 14 14:17:14 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 12:58 -0800, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 12:41:32PM +0100, Bas van der Vlies alleged:
> > Lennart Karlsson wrote:
> > >Garrick,

> > I did not see the orginal post. Only this reply
> >
> > >I agree. A parallel script should run on all nodes of the job.
> > >
> > I also agree. The first time when i implemented the *.parallel script
> > i was suprised that it did not run on the master mom.
>
> Anyone NOT agree with making this change for both parallel scripts?

I'm not 100% behind it, really.  I think it can be very handy to have
different scripts set up (and tear-down) the MOM and sisters.  I guess
the larger issue is what the likely usage scenarios are for the gue
scripts.

This also introduces a teeny bit of worry as to which script runs
first... would actions in the prologue and prologue.parallel overlap,
possibly conflict? What receives precedence?  What's right for the
environment?

I agree that at first read, "prologue.parallel" suggests that it should
run on all nodes.  However, I'm unconvinced that that is the right
thing.  Perhaps changing the name? "prologue.sisters"?

<sound of two pennies dropping>

Michael