[torquedev] When to use IM and TM interfaces?

Prakash Velayutham velayups at email.uc.edu
Thu Mar 9 11:16:48 MST 2006

Hi,

I am working on a project where I want a sister to send a request other
than the ones listed in PMOMCommand list to MS. I have added the request
to the list and added a part of the required code to the im_request()
routine and the corresponding reply handling in the same routine. But at
this point I would like to hear from the experts on when I should be
using the TM interface and when the IM interface? In my case the sister
will be sending the request to MS to request more nodes for a running
job (MS in turn will dispatch this request to the pbs_server). The
sister will be one of the nodes where the job is already running. Could
someone please explain?

TIA,
Prakash