[torquedev] job arrays?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Mar 7 00:57:53 MST 2006

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:15:41PM -0500, Andrew J Caird alleged:
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Garrick Staples wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 09:05:14PM -0500, Andrew J Caird alleged:
> >>
> >>There was some talk about job arrays appearing in torque at some point,
> >>is there any news on this feature?
> >>
> >>I doubt I have the skills, and I'm nearly certain I don't have the
> >>time, to implement this, but I would be willing to do testing and
> >>perhaps some light-weight development if that would be a help.
> >
> >Just out of curiosity, have you looked at using mpiexec's scheduling
> >features to do basicly the same thing as job arrays?
>
> I hadn't, but I will, thanks.
>
> That said, are there plans to include this in Torque? :)

I keep thinking about it, but I never seem to come up with a solid idea.
I really got stuck when I realized that mpiexec seems to already do it.

Can you outline exactly what you want?  Maybe that will get me moving
again.

University of Southern California