[torquedev] Issues debugging fork statements in MOM using GNU debugger

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Mar 1 10:25:55 MST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:40:30AM -0500, Prakash Velayutham alleged:
> Hi,
>
> I do not know if this is the right list, but hopefully someone here can
> help me. I am trying to understand the working of Torque system and so
> going through the source code. I have been pretty successful with GDB in
> cases of forking (where I want to follow the child), but for some reason
> it does not seem to work at the MOM end. Especially inside the
> TMomFinalizeJob2 routine, none of my tricks to get to follow the child
> process is successful. Could anyone here lead me in the right direction
> to achieve this?

I don't know how to do it directly either.  I do most of that printf
and logging.  You can also use abort() at strategic locations and
inspect the core file.  And valgrind can conviently run gdb on the child
processes for you.

University of Southern California