[torquedev] X11 forwarding in TORQUE now ready for testing!

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Thu Jun 29 18:59:46 MDT 2006

I'm very pleased to announce that X11 forwarding code for single-node,
interactive jobs is now ready for testing.  It is just like openssh!

Just run 'qsub -I -X'!

The changes are in a separate branch:
svn co svn://www.clusterresources.com/torque/branches/x11forwarding

xauth must be installed on the submit and MOM hosts at run-time.
The default path to xauth is found by configure.  To override this
path, use XAUTHPATH in torque.conf for qsub, and $xauthpath for MOM.

So far I've only tested on RHEL3 on i686 and x86_64.  I'd like to
get some feedback about OSes other than Linux before I merge the
changes into HEAD.

The changes to qsub, pbs_server, and pbs_mom are all
backwards-compatible.  No protocol changes.  X11 forwarding just won't
work if any of the 3 components aren't updated.