[torquedev] Extending Torque

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Mon Jul 31 12:06:09 MDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 11:59:43AM -0700, Diwaker Gupta alleged:
> >I wonder if it would make sense to define a new momarch,
> >src/resmon/umlinux/?
>
> Actually thats exactly how I'm proceeding right now -- keeps the code
> clean and avoids clutter. I believe changes will also need to be made
> to start_exec.c?

That sounds correct.

There should be no arch-specific code in src/resmom/ other than a few
arch-specific hooks that are #ifdef'd.  I'm planning on adding a
function lookup table for these kinds of arch-specific differences to
avoid the ifdefs.