[torquedev] Extending Torque

Diwaker Gupta diwaker.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 12:33:52 MDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Torque, so any help is much appreciated. I'm trying
to extend Torque as follows: the goal is to decouple the notion of a
job and an execution environment. Currently, IIRC, Torque starts each
job in a process. I want to be able to start a job, lets say, in a
User Mode Linux instance (which gets destroyed after the job is done).

I'm working with the source of Torque 2.1.1, and from what I've seen
so far, it seems this should be possible. Are there any tight
couplings where Torque assumes that jobs will be running in a POSIX
process? I've seen a lot of 'pid' parameters being passed around, but
I think they're opaque in that Torque doesn't associate any semantic
meaning with the term pid -- it could be any identifier for a job.

Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,
Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net/blog