[torquedev] memory limit enforcement by pbs_mom - REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

Dave Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Tue Jan 31 13:18:30 MST 2006

Greetings,

  Currently, the pbs_mom enforces memory limits specified with '-l
pmem=X' but does not enforce memory limits specified with '-l mem=X'
This is confusing for some users.  I propose that we modify
mom_set_limits() to enforce stack and data segment limits if pmem is
specified or mem is specified and the job is serial.

  This should have the impact that serial jobs now have mem limits
enforced.  Are there any concerns with this change?

Dave