[torquedev] problems when running pbs_server daemon

hayden s0237717 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 12:28:45 MST 2006

Dear Torque user community

I have compiled torque on a 64-bit system (suse linux 9.2). This occurred
without error.

I am testing torque on just 2 machines: the torque server and 1 node.

Some details:
Server:
1. I have set up a file called "nodes" which holds the ip address of the
node as follows:

		192.168.1.2

Node:
1. I have set up the mom_priv "config" file to accept the server.
2. The pbs_mom daemon starts without any error.

THE PROBLEM:
I get the following error message when I run pbs_server on the main node:
	PBS_Server: pbsd_init(setup_nodes), token "192.168.1.2" doesn't
start with alpha on line 2
PBS_Server: PBS_Server, pbsd_init failed

However, when I remove the nodes file, pbs_server starts without any
problem.

What is going wrong?

Many thanks in advance

Hayden

Hayden Eastwood
Perdita Barran Research Group
Joseph Black Building
Edinburgh University
West Mains Road
EH9 3JJ

Tel: 0131 650 4773
e-mail: s0237717 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Research page:http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/pbarran/PBRG/
"You have to be an academic to believe some things; no ordinary person would
be so stupid." -George Orwell