[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] Canonical list of best practice build flags ?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jan 10 23:40:04 MST 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 03:47:02PM +1100, Chris Samuel alleged:
> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 12:48, Garrick Staples wrote:

> > > Interestingly that looks like a Torque bug - configure says:
> > >
> > > ?? --enable-docs ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? build PBS with documentation. This is off by
> > > ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? default since it takes a while to build. Man
> > > pages will still be installed, however.
> >
> > I've always wondered what other docs it was talking about. ??The manpages
> > are all of the docs included in TORQUE. ??I guess once upon a time
> > something was done with the ERS.
>
> It looks like the description of that option is actually fixed in the
> configure.in file as that says:
>
> AC_ARG_ENABLE(docs,
> [
>   --enable-docs           build PBS with documentation. This is off by
>                           default since it takes a while to build.],

No, it is lieing to you.  Manpages aren't "built".  Watch your 'make
output', it does nothing in the docs directory.  And installing the
manpages is just a few file copies.

This is more applicable today:
  --enable-docs           Use this if you want manpages installed.  Apparently
                          this was once such a long, time-consuming process
                          that someone bothered to make this option.  Now, it
                          is a bug that this isn't enabled by default.

University of Southern California