[torquedev] Canonical list of best practice build flags ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Jan 8 17:12:40 MST 2006

Hi folks,

Does anyone have a canonical list of good practice build flags for Torque on
Linux clusters ?

Currently I'm using the (probably rather short) list of:

 ./configure  --with-scp '--set-cflags=-g -Wall -fPIC'

The -fPIC is the latest addition after the discussion on the torquedev list
about what's needed to be able to link against the OpenMPI libs (not that
we've got anyone using it yet, but just in case).

Also, on our SuSE SLES9 PPC64 cluster I add "-m64" to force the SuSE C
compiler to generate 64-bit code rather than 32-bit which it does by default
(grrr).

What else do people use, or recommend using ?

cheers,