[torquedev] Torque shared libs

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at open-mpi.org
Wed Jan 4 10:28:33 MST 2006

On Jan 3, 2006, at 8:25 PM, Garrick Staples wrote:

>> Ah, of course.  The original problem is that TORQUE needs to be built
>> with -fPIC, not open-mpi!
>
> Jeff, can you confirm that just rebuilding TORQUE with -fPIC in CFLAGS
> fixes your open-mpi build?

You can't build .a's with -fPIC, can you?  Well, more specifically,
if you build a .a with -fPIC, will it work properly?  I thought the
whole point of a .a was that it was *not* position independent code
because it was resolved at link time...?

(disclaimer: I'm not a compiler/linker guy; I could be wrong here...)

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project