[torquedev] libtool q

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Jan 3 17:01:14 MST 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 10:55, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I don't know offhand -- but have you tried the most recent version
> (1.5.22)?

Nope, I'm trying to keep deviations from the distributions versions of these
sorts of things to a minimum for the moment - compilers being the obvious
exceptions..

> I know that xl support exists on some platforms, but I
> don't know the full support matrix.

Just found it:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual.html#Tested-platforms

PPC is only tested with AIX at the moment, and I know there are significant
differences between the IBM compilers on AIX and PPC Linux because of the
different object formats the OS's use.

> You might want to direct this question to the Libtool maintainers:
>
>         http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/
>
> Scroll down to the "mailing lists" section.

I'll add it onto my ever growing todo list. :-)

thanks!