[torquedev] libtool q

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at open-mpi.org
Tue Jan 3 16:55:21 MST 2006

On Jan 3, 2006, at 6:42 PM, Chris Samuel wrote:

>> Libtool's express purpose is to be able to build shared libraries
>> transparently on oodles of combinations of compilers / platforms.
>
> Does it know how to work with the IBM compilers on PPC64 yet ?
>
> We haven't got it to work under SuSE SLES 9 on PPC64 for us.. :-(

I don't know offhand -- but have you tried the most recent version
(1.5.22)?  I know that xl support exists on some platforms, but I
don't know the full support matrix.

You might want to direct this question to the Libtool maintainers:

	http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/

Scroll down to the "mailing lists" section.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project