[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] Fwd: [O-MPI users] OpenMPI 1.0.1 with Torque 2.0

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Jan 3 16:49:10 MST 2006

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 09:21, Garrick Staples wrote:

> I think the best solution for TORQUE is to make one libtorque.so, but
> that complicates things for the 3rd party builders.

Maybe something like torque-config along the lines of freetype-config (--help
will show you all options) where you can do:

$ freetype-config --libs
-lfreetype -lz

Similarly you could have Torque, when built dynamically, do:

$ torque-config --libs
-ltorque

and if statically built it would say:

$ torque-config --libs
-lnet -lpbs -llog [etc]

Then the supporting utilities could call that as part of their build process,
if they don't find it they fall back to static support and if they do then
they use the output from it to find out what's necessary.

cheers,