[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] Fwd: [O-MPI users] OpenMPI 1.0.1 with Torque 2.0

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jan 3 16:02:08 MST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 05:49:43PM -0500, Jeff Squyres alleged:
> BTW, if your CVS or SVN is open for anonymous checkout, I *might*
> have some time to help switch over your build system to AC + AM + LT
> in the next few weeks.

I don't know when anonymous CVS will happen, but just using a recent
snapshot is close enough to work on a patch.

I just tried playing with DSOs a bit.  It looks like this isn't going to
happen for a little while.  The archive libs like to reference symbols
that are defined in the executables!  It doesn't cause a problem for
archives because ld only copies over the symbols you need, but totally
breaks trying to use a shared object.

It is fixable, but not today.

University of Southern California