[torquedev] pbs_mom segfault - 2.0.0p7

Marcus R. Epperson mrepper at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 24 16:40:25 MST 2006

On 02/24/2006 01:10 PM, Garrick Staples wrote:
> It makes me wonder if disrst() scribbled over envp.  We do have a
> history of buggy encoding/decoding of "arst" strings, but I thought I
> pretty much had that fixed in 2.0.0p5.  Would you still have that job's
> .JB file on server and MOM?  I'm wondering if the env var list was
> broken in some way.

I won't be able to access that machine until Monday, but I doubt we still have the .JB file.  Is there any way to find this info from the mom core file?  I do have that.

The user started an interactive job (without -V) and had run several mpiexecs before the crash happened.  I believe he did modify his environment between some of the mpiexecs, but I don't know the exact changes.

Thank you for looking into this.

-Marcus