[torquedev] memory limit enforcement by pbs_mom - REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Feb 7 15:10:08 MST 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 22:45, Åke Sandgren wrote:

> If you have a memory and smp homogeneous system you could probably get
> away with setting default limits as

Unfortunately it's not completely memory homogenous.

But the real problem is that maybe 1/20th of our 400 users have a good idea of
how much RAM their process is going to use.

These are not computer scientists, sometimes we need to explain to them that
the reason their code won't compile is because they need to build in 64-bit
mode because their data structures are too large for 32-bit!

cheers,