[torquedev] patch to add gssapi/krb5 support to Torque

Alex Rolfe arolfe at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 11 08:49:40 MDT 2006

Attached is a patch against
>> svn://www.clusterresources.com/torque/branches/gssapi

that (should):
- eliminate the dependence on the two cron jobs (one to keep tickets
renewed for queued jobs and the other to get tickets for the scheduler)
- tries GSSAPI authentication if enabled at compile time but then falls
back to iff at runtime if no GSSAPI credentials are available

I believe that this leaves
   1) getting credentials to sister moms when necessary
   2) smarter credentials renewal (for both the server and mom) so that
   transient failures are handled correctly
   3) getting rid of the clientrenew script
   4) generalizing the credential handling to allow other credential types

as the main issues brought up in previous emails that haven't been
worked on yet.  I'm planning to work on #2 and perhaps #3 at some
point.  I don't feel I know enough about Torque to handle #1.

Alex