[torquedev] Error compiling Torque on Solaris: "GCC no longer implements <varargs.h>."

Bernd Schemmer Bernd.Schemmer at gmx.de
Tue Dec 27 11:52:41 MST 2005

Hi,

I already posted this question to the Torque User Mailing list but it
seems it was the wrong list. So I try it here again:

I'm trying to compile Torque on my Solaris box and get the follwong error:

bash-2.05#
make

Making all in
resmom                                                           `build'
is updated.
Making all in
mom_rcp                                                          gcc -g
-I../../src/include -I../../src/include -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -c replace.c
In file included from
replace.c:17:
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3.2/include/varargs.h:4:2:
#error
"GCC no longer implements
<varargs.h>."
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3.2/include/varargs.h:5:2:
#error
"Revise your code to use
<stdarg.h>."                                          replace.c: In
function `errx':
replace.c:26: error: parse error before
"va_dcl"                               replace.c:29: error: `va_list'
undeclared (first use in this function)         replace.c:29: error:
(Each undeclared identifier is reported only once         replace.c:29:
error: for each function it appears in.)
replace.c:34: error: `ap' undeclared (first use in this
function)              replace.c: In function
`warnx':                                                replace.c:45:
error: parse error before "va_dcl"
replace.c:70: error: `str' undeclared (first use in this
function)             replace.c:76: error: `val' undeclared (first use
in this function)             *** Error code
1                                                               make:
Fatal error: Command failed for target `replace.o'
Current working directory
/var/daten/develop/source/torque-2.0.0p4/src/mom_rcp *** Error code
1                                                               make:
Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
Current working directory
/var/daten/develop/source/torque-2.0.0p4/src/mom_rcp *** Error code
1                                                               make:
Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
Current working directory
/var/daten/develop/source/torque-2.0.0p4/src         *** Error code
1                                                               make:
Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
bash-2.05#

My environement:

bash-2.05# uname
-a                                                            SunOS sol9
5.9 Generic_117171-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-e
bash-2.05# gcc
-v                                                              Reading
specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3.2/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as
--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/l
--disable-nls

Thread model:
posix                                                            gcc
version 3.3.2
bash-2.05#
pwd
/var/develop/source/torque-2.0.0p4

How can I fix this?

(Please note that I'm an not a developer ...)

Thanks

Bernd

BTW: I did not find a search function for the list archives.

--
Bernd Schemmer, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
http://home.arcor.de/bnsmb/index.html

Más temprano que tarde el mundio cambiará
                        Fidel Castro