[torquedev] "any" resources

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Dec 18 16:04:22 MST 2005

On Friday 16 December 2005 16:49, Garrick Staples wrote:

> Now we need to let users specify that their job can run on either arch.
> I guess what we need is to establish a standard name for an "any"
> resource.

There already is a standard name - it's "". :-)

When I've configured heterogeneous systems which are either Linux/AIX or
IA32/AMD64 Linux I've created queues per variant and then left the default
queue not specifying any attributes, which results in jobs running anywhere.

I'd suggest the simplest method for folks who don't already have this would be
to create a queue called "any" that assigns no attributes to a job.

Or am I missing something ? (Eminently possible!)

cheers!