[torquedev] "any" resources

Bernard Li bli at bcgsc.ca
Thu Dec 15 23:00:15 MST 2005

How about "*" ?

Cheers,

Bernard

________________________________

From: torquedev-bounces at supercluster.org on behalf of Garrick Staples
Sent: Thu 15/12/2005 21:49
To: torquedev at supercluster.org
Subject: [torquedev] "any" resources

We've always seperated our 32bit and 64bit Linux nodes into different
queues.  Now I'd like use queues with mixed nodes.  I have every node
with the "arch" resource as either i686 or x86_64 and are starting to
set a default arch on queues, letting the user override the default.

So something like:
set queue main resource_default.arch=i686
set queue foo resource_default.arch=x86_64

Now we need to let users specify that their job can run on either arch.
I guess what we need is to establish a standard name for an "any"
resource.

Any thoughts on good solutions?

University of Southern California