[torquedev] perl modules Was: Re: [torqueusers] TORQUE DRMAA implementation

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Dec 1 14:10:58 MST 2005

FYI, there are already 2 implementations of perl<->TORQUE glue.

I wrote one that is a fairly complete exposure of everything in the
pbs_ifl and RM interfaces.  You can stat anything, submit jobs, alter
jobs.  You could write a new qmgr if you wanted.
http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~garrick/perl-PBS/

There's also an older one up on CPAN.  It has a finer-grained object
structure, but it only works for pbs_stat*().
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/T/TM/TMERRITT/

Note that as perl modules go, the name "PBS" has been more recently
taken to be the Perl Build System.  So future efforts should probably
use a different name.  Maybe we need a "TORQUE" perl modules.

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 10:42:38AM -0800, Bernard Li alleged: