[Mauiusers] Priority

Cyril Pennanech Cyril.Pennanech at lisa.u-pec.fr
Tue Sep 4 02:08:05 MDT 2012

Hi,

I have try to define some priority on my queue definition. I have 3
specifics queues + general queue (default)
On each specific queue I have defined the node. And on each queue I have
tried to defined the priority with maui
by QOS and CLASSCFG where the other queue are most priority on default
queue
but maui (I think) don't put correctly my priority value on the job
(view by checkjob -v job_id)

I don't why the job didn't herit the priority that I have specify in my
config (see under part of my maui config). The only point that it work
that is the job run correctly on the node where the queue have been specify.
So, in my maui configuration the job in default queue are most priority
the other job submit under the other queue...

I don't know why or where in my config the priority don't work.

Someone have an idea ?

Thanks

Cyril P.
---- extract maui.cfg file ---
<mailto:ofuchs at vmware.com>
<mailto:ofuchs at vmware.com>BACKFILLPOLICY        BESTFIT
RESERVATIONPOLICY     CURRENTHIGHEST

NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY  MINRESOURCE

QOSCFG[hi]  PRIORITY=1000 XFTARGET=100 FLAGS=PREEMPTOR:IGNMAXJOB
QOSCFG[low] PRIORITY=-1000 FLAGS=PREEMPTEE
QOSCFG[fast] PRIORITY=10000 QFLAGS=IGNSYSTEM

NODECFG[node01]        FEATURE=queue1
NODECFG[node02]        FEATURE=queue1
NODECFG[node03]        FEATURE=queue1
NODECFG[node04]        FEATURE=queue1
NODECFG[node05]        FEATURE=queue2
NODECFG[node06]        FEATURE=queue2
NODECFG[node07]        FEATURE=queue2
NODECFG[node08]        FEATURE=queue2
NODECFG[node09]        FEATURE=queue3
NODECFG[node10]        FEATURE=queue3

CREDWEIGHT              1
USERWEIGHT              1
GROUPWEIGHT             1
QOSWEIGHT               1
USERCFG[DEFAULT]        PRIORITY=1
GROUPCFG[DEFAULT]       PRIORITY=1

CLASSCFG[queue1]       PRIORITY=1000
HOSTLIST=node05,node06,node07,node08 QDEF=hi
CLASSCFG[queue2]          PRIORITY=1000
HOSTLIST=node01,node02,node03,node04 QDEF=hi
CLASSCFG[queue3]        PRIORITY=1000 HOSTLIST=node09,node10 QDEF=hi
CLASSCFG[defaultqueue]        PRIORITY=1 QDEF=low