[Mauiusers] checknode and mdiag do not work with Torque-4.0?

DuChene, StevenX A stevenx.a.duchene at intel.com
Fri Mar 16 17:19:46 MDT 2012

I just got maui-3.3.1 to compile on a system where I have Torque-4.0 running. The maui daemon is running and I can run maui commands like diagnose or mdiag but when I try to run checknode I get the following error:

[root at elogin2 src]# checknode eatom009
ERROR:    'checknode' failed
ERROR:  cannot locate node 'eatom009'

I can however run the mdiag command to get node information about that same node I get stuff back but it seems to be incomplete:

[root at elogin2 src]# mdiag -n eatom009
diagnosing node table (5120 slots)
Name                    State  Procs     Memory         Disk          Swap      Speed  Opsys   Arch Par   Load Res Classes                        Network                        Features

-----                     ---   0:0        0:0           0:0           0:0

Total Nodes: 0  (Active: 0  Idle: 0  Down: 0)

No matter what node I give to checknode it gives the same output.

If I run the same checknode command on another cluster that is running maui-3.3.1 with Torque-2.5.7 I get back the expected output:

[maui at emcutil1 ~]$ checknode eviking09

checking node eviking09

State:      Idle  (in current state for 00:00:00)
Configured Resources: PROCS: 8  MEM: 9881M  SWAP: 15G  DISK: 1M
Utilized   Resources: SWAP: 306M
Dedicated  Resources: [NONE]
Opsys:        RHEL61  Arch:        xeon
Speed:      1.00  Load:       0.000
Network:    [DEFAULT]
Features:   [Viking]
Attributes: [Batch]
Classes:    [batch 8:8]

Total Time: 00:24:40  Up: 00:00:00 (0.00%)  Active: 00:00:00 (0.00%)

Reservations:
NOTE:  no reservations on node

The mdiag output for a node on this same cluster also produces much more complete information:

[maui at emcutil1 ~]$ mdiag -n eviking09
diagnosing node table (5120 slots)
Name                    State  Procs     Memory         Disk          Swap      Speed  Opsys   Arch Par   Load Res Classes                        Network                        Features

eviking09                Down   0:8        1:1           1:1          10:10      1.00 DEFAUL [NONE] DEF   0.00 000 [batch_8:8]                    [DEFAULT]                      [Viking]
-----                     ---   0:8        1:1           1:1          10:10

Total Nodes: 1  (Active: 0  Idle: 0  Down: 1)

Is checknode and mdiag in maui not compatible with the data formats provided by Torque-4.0 ???
--
Steven DuChene