[Mauiusers] -l nodes=X isn't honored

Steve Angelovich SAngelovich at lgc.com
Fri Jul 27 09:31:31 MDT 2012

We are having a problem when users request to run a job on multiple
nodes using a syntax such as

-l nodes=4:rr:ppn=1

Our nodes have 8 processors so the scheduler is running the job on a
single node instead of 4.

I've enable the option below in maui.cfg file;

## specifies whether or not the scheduler will allow jobs to specify
## multiple independent resource requests
## (i.e., pbs jobs with resource specifications such as '-l
nodes=3:fast+1:io')
ENABLEMULTIREQJOBS TRUE

Are there any other settings I need to change to enable this behavior?

thanks for any help.

Steve

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.