[Mauiusers] maui hangs/segfaults in 3.3.1

Paul Raines raines at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 18 09:37:25 MDT 2012

Arg.  I was not thinking.  That is exactly what I was doing with all
those CLASSCFG lines in my maui.cfg such as

CLASSCFG[default] MAXPROCPERUSER=150

since torque's max_user_run only supports limiting number of jobs and not
procs.

So if want to put those back in place and not have segfaults, I need to
recompile maui after increasing the value of MAX_MCLASS and MAX_CLASS?

-- Paul Raines (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:19am, Steve Johnson wrote:

> On 07/18/2012 08:07 AM, Paul Raines wrote:
>
>> One related question.  What I really want to limit on a per queue basis is
>> not number of jobs but number of CPUs a user has running.  Is there anyway
>> to do that?
>
> The MAXPROC limit is what you want.  Alone, it will set the maximum number of
> CPUs for the queue.  In the form of MAXPROC[USER] it will set the per-user
> limit.  Forget about trying to use MAXNODE, as it's not implemented.  Don't
> forget to up the hardcoded MMAX_CLASS and MAX_MCLASS limits in the source and
> recompile.
>
> http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/maui/6.2throttlingpolicies.php
>
> // Steve

dispose of the e-mail.