[Mauiusers] maui hangs/segfaults in 3.3.1

Steve Johnson steve at isc.tamu.edu
Wed Jul 18 09:19:55 MDT 2012

On 07/18/2012 08:07 AM, Paul Raines wrote:

> One related question.  What I really want to limit on a per queue basis is
> not number of jobs but number of CPUs a user has running.  Is there anyway
> to do that?

The MAXPROC limit is what you want.  Alone, it will set the maximum number of
CPUs for the queue.  In the form of MAXPROC[USER] it will set the per-user
limit.  Forget about trying to use MAXNODE, as it's not implemented.  Don't
forget to up the hardcoded MMAX_CLASS and MAX_MCLASS limits in the source and
recompile.

http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/maui/6.2throttlingpolicies.php

// Steve