[Mauiusers] Hybrid scenario - FairShare and FIFO Policy

jbllistes jbllistes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 13:23:07 MST 2012

Hi,

We would like to setup FairShare policy on our scheduler, but we will have
an hybrid scenario mixing FairShare Policy for shared resources and FIFO
policy for some queues or nodes.

It will be something like the following diagram but with more departments:
**

We would like to know how to do that. The key point is that the accumulated
consumption of each group in their own machines (not shared resources,
deptA and deptB in the diagram above) must not be taken into account in the
shared FairSharing system (common resources). In other words, we want to
separate our cluster into FairSharing resources and FIFO resources using
the same MAUI server.

On the other hand, we would like to know how to adjust the weight of the
share with the relative performance of different kind of processors for the
shared resources. We thought that SPEED option works for that but we had
discovered that this is only used for allocation rules.

We use Torque 2.5.8+Maui 3.3.1.

Please, let us know if you need more information to help us.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Jordi & Carles