[Mauiusers] USERCFG and GROUPCFG Throttling policies

Jayavant Patil jayavant.patil82 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 06:36:33 MST 2012

Hi,

  I am using TORQUE 3.0.0 and Maui 3.3. Has anybody ever used USERCFG,
GROUPCFG and ACCOUNTCFG's throttling policies? When I was testing with
these policy parameters like MAXNODE,MAXPROC etc., I found that they are
not working.

 e.g.

     I specified the following in maui.cfg :

    1. USERCFG[root] MAXNODE=1
       GROUPCFG[root] MAXNODE=0

      job submission from root user still runs

    2. USERCFG[root] MAXNODE=0
       GROUPCFG[root] MAXNODE=1

       job submission from root user still runs

    3. USERCFG[root] MAXNODE=0
       GROUPCFG[root] MAXNODE=0

       job submission from root user still runs

    4. USERCFG[root] MAXNODE=0

       job submission from root user still runs

                      OR

       GROUPCFG[root] MAXNODE=0

       job submission from root user still runs

and the same result with MAXPROC parameter (but MAXJOB parameter working).

My second question is what is the difference between USERCFG and ACCOUNTCFG
and also between GROUPCFG and ACCOUNTCFG?

Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,
Jayavant Ningoji Patil