[Mauiusers] [Patch] GPUs by the way of GRES

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Thu Feb 16 08:52:09 MST 2012

Jonathan,

  Thanks for the patch. I will test it and i have also write access to the subversion tree. So if more sites have tested and it
works than we can commit it to maui trunk source.

regards

On 02/03/2012 09:58 AM, Jonathan Michalon wrote:
> Hi Maui folks,
>
> GPUs in Maui are a long standing problem. Last year a patch was sent by Mariusz
> Mamoński [1], which works based on GRES parameters.
> I've just made GPUs kind of working, by enhancing that patch. Please find
> attached the resulting patch, which works well for Maui 3.3.1.
> It defines a special GRES named "gpu" which works as expected on my test cases.
>
> Note that GRES behaviour seems quite confused as sometimes they are mentioned
> as consumable. This patch annihilates this behaviour, for the needs of GPUs.
>
> To use the patch:
> get the sources of maui-3.3.1 and patch them:
> patch -p1<  ../Patch-for-gpu-GRES.patch
> then compile as usual.
>
> You have to configure the GPUs in maui.cfg:
> NODECFG[nodename] GRES=gpu:2
>
> Then when queuing jobs you can request GPUs with (Torque syntax):
> qsub -W x=GRES:gpu at 1
>
> I hope this helps, please test this and enhance to your needs!
>
> [1]
> http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/mauiusers/2011-April/004622.html
>
> Regards,
>
> PS. This is the second attempt to send the mail…
>
> --
> Jonathan Michalon
> IT student in Strasbourg

*  Bas van der Vlies                    e-mail: basv at sara.nl       *
*  SARA - Academic Computing Services   Amsterdam, The Netherlands *