[Mauiusers] Queue to Node Mapping

Guangping Zhang zgp121 at 126.com
Fri Feb 3 00:01:38 MST 2012

I will give you one example as follows, as far as I know this works in Torque 2.4.6+maui 3.3.1

1. edit the file /var/spool/torque/server_priv/nodes

node01  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node02  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node03  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node04  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node05  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node06  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node07  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node08  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node09  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node10  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node11  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node12  np=12    sugon      siesta  dalton gaussian
node31  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node32  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node33  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node34  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node35  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node36  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node38  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node39  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node40  np=8     powerlead  siesta  dalton gaussian others
node41  np=8     dell             siesta  dalton gaussian others
node42  np=8     dell             siesta  dalton gaussian others
node43  np=8     dell             siesta  dalton gaussian others
node44  np=8     dell             molpro
node45  np=8     dell             molpro
node46  np=8     dell             molpro

2.create a queue named SIESTA
qmgr -c "create queue SIESTA queue_type=execution"
qmgr -c "set queue SIESTA started=true"
qmgr -c "set queue SIESTA enabled=true"
qmgr -c "set queue SIESTA acl_group_enable=true"
qmgr -c "set queue SIESTA acl_groups=siesta"
qmgr -c "set queue SIESTA acl_group_sloppy=true"
qmgr -c "set queue SIESTA resources_default.neednodes=siesta"

3.restart service

qterm -t quick
pbs_server
ps -A |grep maui
18066 ?        00:00:00 maui
kill 18066
/usr/local/software/maui-3.3.1/sbin/maui

4. That is Ok

A user that belong to group siesta only can submit jobs to queue SIESTA and can only use the nodes which has property "siesta"

Best

2012-02-03

Guangping Zhang