[Mauiusers] Maui, FairShare, and scheduling GPUs

Jason Williams jasonw at Jhu.edu
Fri Sep 30 11:39:28 MDT 2011

I didn't get anyone else replying to this, so I'm curious if anyone else
figured out a different way to make this work.

Either way, I've been looking around the code today and playing with it,
and I think I have the easy part done.  I have maui seeing the "gpus="
attribute of the nodes and tracking it within the configured resources
and available resources (I think) within the MPBSNodeLoad() and
MPBSNodeUpdate() functions.  I can create a new branch in the svn called
"3.3.2_gpu" if anyone is interested in taking a look and/or helping to
implement the tracking code to update the available resources when
someone requests gpus to torque.  It seems to me the trickier part will
be how do we want to track that usage within FairShare....  I haven't
started to think about that yet, but suggestions are welcome.

--
Jason Williams
Sr. Systems Administrator