[Mauiusers] maui limits? looking for experience

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Thu Sep 29 03:55:33 MDT 2011

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:15:50 -0400
Michel Béland wrote:

> Hi,

> I would advise defining a limit on idle jobs per user. For example:
>
> USERCFG[DEFAULT] MAXIJOB=200
>
> or any suitable number for you site.

This really improves maui behaviour. But limiting idle queue was the
last thing I wanted to do....

> Alternatively, Torque has a per-queue max_user_queuable setting, but
> it counts both running and queued jobs. If you use a route queue to
> route your job to an execution queue, you can define this for the
> execution queue and jobs will be moved to the execution queue only
> when the limit is respected.

If I understand routing queues properly, they send jobs based on job
required resources. our jobs do not require any special resource, our
users send jobs based on queue name that show time limits. So, I think
that routing queues can't help here.

> Both solutions should decrease the load on Maui as it does not need
> to schedule as many jobs at a time.

Many thanks for your reply,
Cheers,
Arnau