[Mauiusers] maui limits? looking for experience

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Wed Sep 28 08:40:52 MDT 2011

Hi all,

we've been using torque/maui for a long time. Our initial cluster was
about 50 nodes and now ~350 with 3k processors.

It has been working fine since last cluster upgrade, when we added
last 500 processors. Since then, maui client commands hang and we had
to increase poll interval cause scheduling cycle took too much... Now,
with a system with 3k running jobs and 3k in queue, we're facing more
maui issues...

So, we were wondering which are maui limits, if we have reached any of
them and if anyone who already reached our limits could share his
experience, on solving them, with us.

we're running maui-3.3-1.x86_64.

Many thanks in advance,
Cheers,