[Mauiusers] Problem with Account Management and Maui 3.3.1

Brian Mendenhall brianm at usc.edu
Wed Sep 21 11:05:24 MDT 2011

Thank you for your reply Roy.

I installed and tested Gold, but did not feel like it brought anything sufficient enough to justify losing all of our historical qbank data (the databases are not compatible, no real migration utilities exist, and I don't have the time to create them), but I guess I did miss this 'nocharge' issue as I was under the impression it was part of maui.

I did, however, find an old patch for maui 3.2.6.p20 that implemented the 'NOAM' CLASSCFG feature, so this explains how it used to work.

So now my question is: is it really just that you either have an Allocation Manager and everyone gets charged, or is there a different way to accomplish the same goal?

I do see that NODECFG has a feature of 'CHARGERATE', but it would not be feasible for me to have 2700+ entries in my maui.cfg, unless I can use something like 'NODECFG[cmb] CHARGERATE=0.0' which would be applied to the nodeset feature 'cmb'.

Going to try to test it without causing problems ...

-----
Brian Mendenhall
Linux/HPCC Administrator
University of Southern California