[Mauiusers] Job is in 'Q' but checkjob shows it is running (!)

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Mon Sep 12 07:47:45 MDT 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 5:01 AM, Mahmood Naderan wrote:

> Hi,
> I sent this email to torque mailing list but seems that it is related to maui. So I restate the problem here.
>
> Can someone explain why the qstat shows a job in "Q" but checkjob says everything is normal?

Looking below, the job is queued in TORQUE, and idle in Maui (not running), so everything is normal.

Do you mean why isn't the job running, even though it seems that it *should* be running?

If so, I would say post the output of qstat -f for the job, and checkjob -v. This seems to be more or less a scheduler configuration, or possibly an issue with the node (which you seem to have manually selected in your qsub statement).