[Mauiusers] Maui assigns too many resources

Jim Kusznir jkusznir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 09:59:52 MDT 2011

This isn't quite the problem.  The problem is that even though a user
requests 1 node, 1 PPN, and torque shows it as such, maui (through
showq) shows this as needing 2 processors per node, and thereby has
allocated 100% of the cluster's resources.  Even torque output shows
that more resources have been assigned than the job requested (eg,
"the scheduler messed up").

This only happens on this one users' jobs.  Restarting maui causes it
to realize these jobs only needed one processor, and appropriately
schedules the remaining jobs.

--Jim