[Mauiusers] user root not authorized to run commands

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Wed Oct 26 09:59:10 MDT 2011

On Oct 25, 2011, at 1:30 PM, DuChene, StevenX A wrote:

> Hello all:
> I have a small 256 node atom based cluster setup running maui 3.2.6p21 and torque 2.5.7
> I have the following in my maui.cfg file:
>
> SERVERHOST            myhost.atom
> ADMIN1                root,maui
> RMCFG[EMCUTIL1.ENDEAVOUR.ATOM] TYPE=PBS
> AMCFG[bank]  TYPE=NONE
> RMPOLLINTERVAL        00:00:30
> SERVERPORT            42559
> SERVERMODE            NORMAL
> LOGFILE               maui.log
> LOGFILEMAXSIZE        10000000
> LOGLEVEL              3
> QUEUETIMEWEIGHT       1
> BACKFILLPOLICY        FIRSTFIT
> RESERVATIONPOLICY     CURRENTHIGHEST
> NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY  MINRESOURCE
>
> Whenever I try to run various maui diagnostic commands as root I get the following sort of message:
> # diagnose -j 2
> ERROR:    'diagnose' failed
> ERROR:    user 'root' is not authorized to execute command 'diagnose'
>
> # showstats
> ERROR:    'showstats' failed
> ERROR:    user 'root' is not authorized to execute command 'showstats'
>
> I can however run these same commands just fine as the maui user.
>
> Is there something I am overlooking? I thought the only thing I needed to do was list the root user in the ADMIN1 line of my maui.cfg file.

I believe you need spaces in-between the usernames:

http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/resources/docs/maui/a.fparameters.php#admin1

After you apply that change, run the showconfig command to check and see if the ADMIN1 line is recognized, then have the scheduler reload the configuration.

Also, the other thing to check would be to make sure maui is actually using the right configuration file. I believe Maui will run in a default configuration if it's environment isn't setup right.