[Mauiusers] user root not authorized to run commands

DuChene, StevenX A stevenx.a.duchene at intel.com
Tue Oct 25 11:30:53 MDT 2011

Hello all:
I have a small 256 node atom based cluster setup running maui 3.2.6p21 and torque 2.5.7
I have the following in my maui.cfg file:

SERVERHOST            myhost.atom
ADMIN1                root,maui
RMCFG[EMCUTIL1.ENDEAVOUR.ATOM] TYPE=PBS
AMCFG[bank]  TYPE=NONE
RMPOLLINTERVAL        00:00:30
SERVERPORT            42559
SERVERMODE            NORMAL
LOGFILE               maui.log
LOGFILEMAXSIZE        10000000
LOGLEVEL              3
QUEUETIMEWEIGHT       1
BACKFILLPOLICY        FIRSTFIT
RESERVATIONPOLICY     CURRENTHIGHEST
NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY  MINRESOURCE

Whenever I try to run various maui diagnostic commands as root I get the following sort of message:
# diagnose -j 2
ERROR:    'diagnose' failed
ERROR:    user 'root' is not authorized to execute command 'diagnose'

# showstats
ERROR:    'showstats' failed
ERROR:    user 'root' is not authorized to execute command 'showstats'

I can however run these same commands just fine as the maui user.

Is there something I am overlooking? I thought the only thing I needed to do was list the root user in the ADMIN1 line of my maui.cfg file.
--
Steven DuChene