[Mauiusers] Possible Memory Corruption in maui

Joerg Blank j.blank at fz-juelich.de
Wed Nov 9 00:51:32 MST 2011

Hello,

> Can/have you tried running maui from the command line with the -d line
> and catching the corrupt memory and back trace that comes out of it?

I'm not entirely sure if we are experiences the same type of crashes but
it certainly looks like. You can find a month worth of debug output at
http://www.4geeks.de/files/maui-stderr.log

I noticed that these crashes seem to be correlated with a (dangling
pointer?) bug in torque which leads to random heap data included in the
"jobs" field of "pbsnodes -a" (AFAIK this is the same as
MPBSClusterQuery). Maui crashes also tend to happen if someone uses
array-jobs.

Regards,

Joerg Blank