[Mauiusers] Maui fairshare doesn't work? Please help!

Xin Jin xjin1 at gwdg.de
Tue Mar 29 01:06:38 MDT 2011

Hi all,

i'm fighting with Maui for two weeks but still have no idea why Maui fairshare
doesn't work.

I have installed pbs_server, pbs_mom and maui on my own computer for
test-purpose and my computer is considered as a single execution host.

My maui.cfg looks like following:

FSPOLICY              PSDEDICATED
FSDEPTH               7
FSINTERVAL            00:00:30
FSDECAY               0.98

FSUSERWEIGHT       1
FSGROUPWEIGHT      1

GROUPCFG[globus] FSTARGET=50
GROUPCFG[users]  FSTARGET=50

USERCFG[globus] FSTARGET=50
USERCFG[xjin1] FSTARGET=500

I have built two usergroups globus and users which has one user globus, xjin1
respectively. I want to give the users and usergroup the same share, so each
of them are set 50.

Then i started pbs_mom, pbs_server, maui one after another, i think the
sequence of them does not make any sence, am i right?

So, whatever, i submitted a number of short jobs (20 seconds) and all of them
are executed successfully.

The problems are:

1) if i exeucte "diagnose -f"

FSInterval        %     Target       0
FSWeight       ------- -------  1.0000
TotalUsage      100.00 -------     0.0

USER
-------------
xjin1*            0.00 50.00  -------
globus          100.00 50.00   100.00

GROUP
-------------
users*            0.00  50.00  -------
globus*         100.00  50.00   100.00

CLASS
batch           100.00 -------  100.00

I have set 7 windows but only the first window 0 is displayed. Why?

2) If fairshare works, there should be some files naming FS* in the
$MAUI/stats, but i don't have them. What i have are the files with the format
like "Mon_Mar_28_2011".

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards
Xin