[Mauiusers] Standing reservations claiming too many and wrong nodes

Fokke Dijkstra f.dijkstra at rug.nl
Mon Mar 28 03:39:57 MDT 2011

Hi,

On our compute cluster, running maui 3.3, we have a problem with
standing reservations claiming too many nodes, and also claiming nodes
of the wrong type.

The two reservations are defined like this:

SRCFG[short]    DEPTH=2 TASKCOUNT=8  NODEFEATURES=nodes FLAGS=SPACEFLEX
ACCESS=DEDICATED
SRCFG[short]    CLASSLIST=short
SRCFG[short]    DAYS=Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri STARTTIME=08:00:00 ENDTIME=18:00:00

SRCFG[md] DEPTH=2 TASKCOUNT=24 NODEFEATURES=nodes FLAGS=SPACEFLEX
ACCESS=DEDICATED GROUPLIST=md

The first is in order to reserve a few nodes during office hours for the
short queue. The second reserves nodes for a group of users.
Note that both are tied to nodes with the feature "nodes".

We see, however, that maui very often is reserving a lot of nodes extra
for the next reserving period. It also reserves nodes with the wrong
node feature. Restarting maui helps fixing the reservation problem.

Is there a way to fix this problem in a more structural way?

Kind regards,

Fokke Dijkstra

--
Fokke Dijkstra<f.dijkstra at rug.nl>
High Performance Computing&  Visualisation