[Mauiusers] Increased np but no change in number of jobs running on them

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Mar 27 08:08:56 MDT 2011

I have a couple four-core desktop machines which I normally each define to
only have two processors, giving me enough breathing room to do interactive
work on them.  I bumped both of them up to four processors a few minutes ago
using qmgr.  I notice that the .../server_priv/nodes file still says they
still only have two processors.  (I've already opened a bug report about
this.)  How long should it be before Torque or Maui notices the extra
available processors and puts them to use?

As a corollary, should it be necessary to pick up this change, is it safe to
restart the pbs_server and maui processes while there are jobs running on
the execution nodes?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/