[Mauiusers] Incorrect showbf output

"Hung-Sheng Tsao (Lao Tsao 老曹) Ph. D." laotsao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:04:38 MST 2011

Soft limits help address this problem by providing additional scheduling
flexibility. They allow sites to specify two tiers of limits, the more
constraining limits, /soft/ limits, are basically in effect in heavily
loaded situations and reflect tight fairness constraints. The more
flexible /hard/ limits specify how flexible the scheduler can be in
selecting jobs when there are idle resources available after all jobs
meeting the tighter soft limits have been started. Soft and hard limits
are specified in the format /[<SOFTLIMIT>,]<HARDLIMIT>/. For example, a
given site may want to use the following configuration:

-------
# maui.cfg
USERCFG[DEFAULT]  MAXJOB=2,8
-------

With this configuration, the scheduler would select all jobs which meet
the per user *MAXJOB* limit of 2. It would then attempt to start and or
reserve resources for all of these selected jobs. If after doing so
there still remain available resources, the scheduler would then select
all jobs which meet the less constraining hard per user *MAXJOB* limit
of 8 jobs. These jobs would then be scheduled and/or reserved as
available resources allowed.