[Mauiusers] FS info missing for one QOS

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Wed Jun 22 03:54:54 MDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm playing with FS configuration. I'd like to create some QoS based on
UNIX group and CLASS, so I have a conf like:

GROUPCFG[atprd]         FSTARGET=80	QLIST=lhcatlas,at3
CLASSCFG[glong_sl5]     FSTARGET=1      QDEF=lhcatlas
CLASSCFG[gshort_sl5]    FSTARGET=1      QDEF=at3

QOSCFG[lhcatlas]        FSTARGET=77
QOSCFG[at3]             FSTARGET=3

and it works great. diagnose show info for both QoS:

QOS
-------------
lhcatlas*	 83.11  77.00   100.00 -------
at3*             16.89   3.00  -------  100.00

and FS files have info:

# cat FS.1308735960
# FS Data File (Duration:     60 seconds)  Starting: Wed Jun 22 11:47:53

user              atprd001      825.000
group                atprd      825.000
qos               lhcatlas      825.000
class            glong_sl5      825.000
sched                  at3      825.000

Yep, only about one QoS, cylces are 1 min, so it's normal.

But now I like to add more QoS (for more classes):

GROUPCFG[atprd]         FSTARGET=80   QLIST=lhcatlas,at3,ifae
CLASSCFG[glong_sl5]     FSTARGET=1      QDEF=lhcatlas
CLASSCFG[gmedium_sl5]   FSTARGET=1      QDEF=ifae
CLASSCFG[gshort_sl5]    FSTARGET=1      QDEF=at3

QOSCFG[lhcatlas]        FSTARGET=77
QOSCFG[at3]             FSTARGET=3
QOSCFG[ifae]            FSTARGET=20

But that new class is not updated in diagnose's info:
QOS
-------------
lhcatlas*	100.00  77.00   100.00
at3               0.00   3.00  -------
ifae*             0.00  20.00  -------

when jobs from that new QoS are running, FS info file is empty:

# cat FS.1308736080
# FS Data File (Duration:     60 seconds)  Starting: Wed Jun 22 11:49:43

Is there any limit in QLIST?
Am I doing something wrong?
Anyone could explain what's the meaning of "sched" in FS files?

TIA,
Arnau