[Mauiusers] UNKNOWN JOB ID

milton milton at cs.wits.ac.za
Sat Jun 18 04:25:27 MDT 2011

I have a brand new installation of torque 2.5.5, I am currently testing torque and maui
for my main cluster. My boss did not let me test it on the actual cluster, so I used a
simple linux box, and installated torque server and torque client in the same machine, I
have installed the latest snapshot version of maui. maui and torque can talk perfectly,
as i can see maui can identify the resources when i do showq
ACTIVE JOBS--------------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC   REMAINING            STARTTIME

     0 Active Jobs       0 of    2 Processors Active (0.00%)
                         0 of    1 Nodes Active      (0.00%)

IDLE JOBS----------------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC     WCLIMIT            QUEUETIME

0 Idle Jobs

BLOCKED JOBS----------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC     WCLIMIT            QUEUETIME

But all jobs that I submit i do not get the output and error files, and when i do a
tracejob I get the following
:
06/16/2011 19:13:45  S    enqueuing into batch, state 1 hop 1
06/16/2011 19:13:45  S    Job Queued at request of milton at milton-desktop, owner =
milton at milton-desktop, job name =
                          ExampleJob, queue = batch
06/16/2011 19:13:45  S    Job Modified at request of Scheduler at milton-desktop
06/16/2011 19:13:45  S    Email 'b' to milton at cs.wits.ac.za  failed: Child process
'/usr/sbin/sendmail -f
                          milton at cs.wits.ac.za milton at cs.wits.ac.za ' returned 127
(errno 10:No child processes)
06/16/2011 19:13:45  L    Job Run
06/16/2011 19:13:45  S    Job Run at request of Scheduler at milton-desktop
06/16/2011 19:13:45  S    Reject reply code=15001(Unknown Job Id), aux=0,
type=JobObituary, from pbs_mom at milton-desktop
06/16/2011 19:13:45  M    job was terminated
06/16/2011 19:13:45  M    obit sent to server
06/16/2011 19:13:45  A    queue=batch
06/16/2011 19:13:45  M    scan_for_terminated: job 52.milton-desktop task 1 terminated,
sid=29831
06/16/2011 19:13:45  M    server rejected job obit - 15001
06/16/2011 19:13:45  A    user=milton group=milton jobname=ExampleJob queue=batch
ctime=1308244425 qtime=1308244425
                          etime=1308244425 start=1308244425 owner=milton at milton-desktop
exec_host=torqueserver/0
                          Resource_List.ncpus=1 Resource_List.neednodes=1
Resource_List.nodect=1 Resource_List.nodes=1
                          Resource_List.walltime=00:01:00
06/16/2011 19:14:22  A    06/16/2011 19:14:22  S    dequeuing from batch, state EXITING
06/16/2011 19:14:22  S    Email 'a' to milton at cs.wits.ac.za  failed: Child process
'/usr/sbin/sendmail -f
                          milton at cs.wits.ac.za milton at cs.wits.ac.za ' returned 127
(errno 10:No child processes)

I googled everything about the error and could not find a solution. That happen to
everyjob I submit, I really appreciate if any of you could help me with that.
I really need help

Thank you very much

Milton Lauxande