[Mauiusers] FS advanced setup question

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Wed Jun 1 07:42:59 MDT 2011

I'm not sure if this works in Maui (works in Moab):

Basically we limit the access to a queue in TORQUE based off of acl_groups
for one's queue configuration:

set queue gpu acl_group_enable = True
set queue gpu acl_groups = admins
set queue gpu acl_groups += gpu_group
set queue highmem acl_group_sloppy = True

Then in moab.cfg, it's similar to this:

CLASSCFG[gpu]        QLIST=gpuqos QDEF=gpuqos

If one is allowed to submit to the gpu queue, they will get placed into the
qpuqos by default. Then one can do all sorts of other things within a QoS...

I found UNIX groups to be tough with Maui since unless one specifically
states with group they are in via a flag w/ qsub (for TORQUE), often times
the maui wouldn't find the proper submission group. In torque, the
acl_groups_sloppy picks up secondary groups and such.

Hope this helps.

~Steve